Re: About the future of X (Windows)

<quote who="Ciaran O'Riordan">

> I don't see forking as much of a problem but in cases where Free Software
> isn't copylefted we need to keep an eye on the licenses.

Licensing is totally not an issue here, it's all about whether XFree86
operates in a similar manner to other modern, best-of-breed Free Software
projects, and whether it needs to do that in order to provide the basis and
infrastructure for much of our work.

Without a great, Free implementation of X11, GNOME and KDE will suffer. That
greatness depends very heavily on the way the project works, and right now,
many are under the impression that XFree86 (the project) is not all that it
can be.

- Jeff

--
    Snow Crash was a terrible book: Superheroes wear their underpants on
           the outside, not for two weeks without changing them.