Re: RealMedia used for GUADEC live transmissions?

On Llu, 2003-06-23 at 15:21, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote:
> That is utter crap. How can the "best solution" be something that is
> contradictory to the GNOME spirit?
>
> The GNOME project was born as an effort to create an entirely free
> desktop environment for free systems.

The goal is to get there.

Richard Stallman used proprietary C compilers to bootstrap gcc. I bet he
used proprietary editors to bootstrap emacs too, and all of GNU spent
years on a proprietary OS waiting for the real thing to come along.

Likewise until you can do the video freely you want people to get it
anyway. Mpeg is too bandwidth hungry and theora needs work yet, I
suggest you direct your energy into making theora work.