Re: Questions

On Fri, 2003-12-26 at 22:37, Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> > John Fleck wrote:
>
> > That wasn't a build system I could recommend, nor was it a project
> > with which I was interested in having any further involvement.
>
> Don't you think you are acting to strong here.

Ali -

The point of my original missive was two-fold, but perhaps I was not
explicit enough. You raised a complaint about entrenched leadership, and
offered a single concrete example.

My first point was that your example, in which Jeff Waugh "forces his
product into the GNOME project and ignores other existing solutions"
(let us not grant the charade in which you did not name names when you
accused Jeff of abusing his position of leadership) was incorrect.

The second was to offer an alternative hypothesis for the reception
CVSGnome has received, an example based in what another correspondent in
this thread carefully described as "your turbulent history with the
project". In the case I cited, you acted like an uncooperative jerk. The
GNOME project is far too full of friendly, cooperative people for me to
waste my time on those who behave otherwise.

As my late, beloved Grandma used to say, "You catch more flies with
honey."

Cheers,
John