Re: Mailing list cleanup proposal

On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 14:50, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > gnome-hackers-readonly  IU      is this stupid hackers/private mess worth it?
> > >
> > this is for non-GNOME hackers to be able to get gnome-hackers mail,
> > which is a per-invitation-only list. So I think this list should stay.
>
> My point is, do we want to continue with the hackers/private configuration
> oddness, or simplify and discard the confusing lists? (On top of that, the
> policy for gnome-hackers is non-existent, so it's extra painful to have all
> this on top.)

about gnome-private, it hasn't had much traffic, but I suppose we want
to keep it for "secret" stuff (such as conspiracies and similars :-)

About gnome-hackers, yes, it's got a policy, which is "if somebody
already on gnome-hackers recommends you, you'll be subscribed". At
least, that's what I think g-h admins are being doing.

Anyway, it's not that odd the hackers/private config. It is really
simple, if you want to subscribe somebody, you add him/her to
gnome-private-members, which automatically subscribes him/her to
gnome-private and gnome-hackers.

cheers