Re: Mailing list cleanup proposal

<quote who="Rodrigo Moya">

> On Sat, 2002-11-30 at 09:16, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > gnome-devel-list        IU      ID "Help with developing GNOME
> > applications"
> >
> I admin this list, so just tell me when you want me to change the
> description. Or are you going to do it yourself for all the lists?

Mostly asking for feedback, but happy to do the work myself. The description
for gnome-devel-list should reflect that it's for 'users of the GNOME
platform libraries', ie. independent developers, etc.

> > gnome-hackers-readonly  IU      is this stupid hackers/private mess worth it?
> >
> this is for non-GNOME hackers to be able to get gnome-hackers mail,
> which is a per-invitation-only list. So I think this list should stay.

My point is, do we want to continue with the hackers/private configuration
oddness, or simplify and discard the confusing lists? (On top of that, the
policy for gnome-hackers is non-existent, so it's extra painful to have all
this on top.)

- Jeff

--
     "Free software never simply picks up its marbles and goes home." -
                            Jonathan Corbet, LWN