Re: Membership, again [was: Re: 11 Questions to answer]

On Tue, 2002-11-26 at 17:50, Linas Vepstas wrote:

> I understand; I'm just flogging a dead horse.   The point being that
> some reasonable amount of activity & historical participation should
> be enough to automatically extend membership.

Placing a small burden on an individual to renew rather than a massive
burden on the membership committee to evaluate hundreds of members for
"some reasonable amount of activity etc." seems an efficient division of
labor. Given the huge burdens our volunteers shoulder, it seems unlikely
to me that this "one more hassle", as you put it, is going to be a real
disincentive to participation.

Cheers,
John
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead