Re: 11 Questions to answer

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 05:25:11PM -0600, Linas Vepstas was heard to remark:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 04:56:28PM +0000, Mike Newman was heard to remark:
> >
> > I'm not sure this is correct. The rules in use until September of this
> > year were those agreed by the board during 2001. These rules did not
> > permit membership to 'casual users' at all. When it came to renewal for
> > those accounts which had never been subject to these rules, many many
> > more of the membership disappeared because they had not kept their
> > contact details up to date than were rejected by the membership
> > committee.
> >
> > I believe that the people who 'fell by the wayside' between the
> > beginning of the foundation and the renewal exercise this year - a
> > significant number of people - represent a group of people who had moved
> > on, lost interest or for other reasons stopped contributing to GNOME.
>
> Not true;  I still get gnome foundation email, and read it too ...
> but I beleive I am one of the ones whose formal membership was cut.

Let me rephrase that:  despite being active on three different gnome
projects, and on this mailing list, and having been a founding
member, and being as curmudgeonly and opinionated as the rest, I still
find that I am unable to vote in the upcoming elections.   Why not,
I don't have a clear idea; presumably its because I was purged from
some membership list (that I don't know how to view, or how to get
myself back on it.)

--linas

--
pub  1024D/01045933 2001-02-01 Linas Vepstas (Labas!) <linas linas org>