Re: 11 Questions to answer

I agree there is a chicken and egg problem; I've been a bit too busy
to be able to figure out bugzilla enough to try to set one up,
but I think that step is probably still a bit premature, so even
if I had the time this instant, I wouldn't.

I'm also interested in hearing from vendors and projects who have
bug-tracking systems a process by which we could deal with upstream/downstream
flow between systems.

The other issue is a cultural one: most of the XFree86 team have never
used a system like bugzilla (and there have been previous attempts at
pretty lame systems, which have not been satisfactory).  I'm not
a member of the XFree86 core team, and am only been able to push
so hard.

I don't think the cultural issues can be overcome unless we can ensure
there is commitment to "make it work", so it ends up being better
(less work) than the current process.  So having a set of people who
say they'll really make it work is probably the only way to break
the deadlock.
                                  - Jim

--
Jim Gettys