Minutes of GNOME Foundation Board meeting, 2002-05-07

	Minutes of GNOME Foundation Board meeting, 07 May 2002


    Jon Blandford
    Nat Friedman 
    Jody Goldberg
    Telsa Gwynne (minutes)
    James Henstridge
    Miguel de Icaza
    George Lebl
    Federico Mena 
    Havoc Pennington


    Jim Gettys
    Daniel Veillard
    Tim Ney (in Brazil giving seminar to government employees following
    GNOME presentation with Ismael Olea Gonzalez at the Free Software Forum)


   * Once 2.0 comes out, we are not abandoning 1.4. We have
   volunteers who want to maintain it, so they are welcome to.


  ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties
	=> Jim is not here, but sent an update via email.

  ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh
          tunneling for GNOME CVS access
	=> This has been postponed until after GNOME 2.

  ACTION: Havoc, Jody, Nat volunteer for working on producing a first
       draft of ABI rules for GNOME-2 releases, get involvment from
       someone at Sun, and make sure the draft get some review.
	=> Pending

  ACTION: Tim and Jim looking at structuring tutorials
	=> Neither are here, so no update.

  ACTION: Tim to draft a description of what the money raised would be
          used for.
	=> Tim not here, so no update.

  ACTION: Jrb and Nat will work on the Gnome-2.2 Hack Fest announce
	=> Still setting it up.	

  NEW: Nat to write up his notes from the 2.x discussion and send
       then out.


  *  approved last meeting minutes:

  * Older GNOME release support 
    Wayne Schuller wanted clarification on support for older releases
    of GNOME: 

  Yes, we think 1.4 should be supported. 

  * Post-2.0 roadmap:
    - Past experience suggests we're much better as a group at
  concentrating on one branch. We either have all but two people
  working on the stable stuff, or all but two people working on
    - But we would like regular (monthly) snapshots from CVS
  stable branch (ie HEAD) in the manner in which Jeff Waugh is 
  doing 2.0 snapshots. It should always be reasonably usable. 
  Without leaving the stable branch to fester.

  Much discussion on reconciling the two. Nat to write it up (see
  action items)

  * Boston event - status, etc.

  Nat has not yet been able to confirm the rooms and dates for
  certain, but pressing on. 


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]