Minutes of GNOME Foundation Board meeting, 2002-05-07
- From: hobbit aloss ukuu org uk
- To: foundation-list gnome org, foundation-announce gnome org
- Subject: Minutes of GNOME Foundation Board meeting, 2002-05-07
- Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:44:16 +0100
Minutes of GNOME Foundation Board meeting, 07 May 2002
Telsa Gwynne (minutes)
Miguel de Icaza
Tim Ney (in Brazil giving seminar to government employees following
GNOME presentation with Ismael Olea Gonzalez at the Free Software Forum)
* Once 2.0 comes out, we are not abandoning 1.4. We have
volunteers who want to maintain it, so they are welcome to.
ACTION: Jim to restart the font discussions with various parties
=> Jim is not here, but sent an update via email.
ACTION: Nat and Jonathan talk to gnome-sysadmin about adding ssh
tunneling for GNOME CVS access
=> This has been postponed until after GNOME 2.
ACTION: Havoc, Jody, Nat volunteer for working on producing a first
draft of ABI rules for GNOME-2 releases, get involvment from
someone at Sun, and make sure the draft get some review.
ACTION: Tim and Jim looking at structuring tutorials
=> Neither are here, so no update.
ACTION: Tim to draft a description of what the money raised would be
=> Tim not here, so no update.
ACTION: Jrb and Nat will work on the Gnome-2.2 Hack Fest announce
=> Still setting it up.
NEW: Nat to write up his notes from the 2.x discussion and send
* approved last meeting minutes:
* Older GNOME release support
Wayne Schuller wanted clarification on support for older releases
Yes, we think 1.4 should be supported.
* Post-2.0 roadmap:
- Past experience suggests we're much better as a group at
concentrating on one branch. We either have all but two people
working on the stable stuff, or all but two people working on
- But we would like regular (monthly) snapshots from CVS
stable branch (ie HEAD) in the manner in which Jeff Waugh is
doing 2.0 snapshots. It should always be reasonably usable.
Without leaving the stable branch to fester.
Much discussion on reconciling the two. Nat to write it up (see
* Boston event - status, etc.
Nat has not yet been able to confirm the rooms and dates for
certain, but pressing on.
] [Thread Prev