Function of foundation-list?

Hi,

I'm hugely disappointed by the response to my previous email.

Instead of starting a lively discussion about inter-project relations and
'draining the swamp', it has started *yet another* off-topic, unproductive
thread.

  Foundation members: Please remember that when you post to foundation-list,
  you are representing the GNOME Project, and speaking for your involvement
  in it. Many non-members, onlookers, members of the press, and others are
  subscribed to this list and actively listening.

Would the administrators of this list - Daniel Veillard and Glynn Foster -
please update the description (currently "Discussion of creating a GNOME
Foundation") and provide some ground rules for its use?

Right now, this list is just embarrassing. Apologies for encouraging the
current off-topic discussion.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
      "Trying to get a PC to analyse one of the most abstract forms of
   language - the poem - is like trying to drill for oil with a banana."