Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting February 12 2002
- From: Richard Stallman <rms gnu org>
- To: on_the_net clear net nz
- Cc: Uraeus linuxrising org, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting February 12 2002
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:30:52 -0700 (MST)
And as for malleable, money makes a great hammer,
It certainly does, but there are other ways of convincing people. Few
of the people who work on free software think they can get the most
money that way. All have been convinced by other motivations.
> If you expect programmers to work only on what they personally need,
> you'd expect experienced programmers to volunteer only for projects
> that are useful for experienced programmers.
Or perhaps lots of programmers all thought "Wow, a free desktop, let me
If so, that supports what I said: it shows that programmers are not
just interested in software that serves their "personal itch".
] [Thread Prev