Re: Minutes of the GNOME Board meeting February 12 2002

    And as the free software
    saying goes, a itch that don't itch a developer, doesn't get scratched.

That was said by Eric Raymond who belongs to another movement, and it
reflects the spirit of that movement.

The spirit of the free software movement is to do projects because
they are important for the community and for our freedom.  They don't
have to "scratch an itch".  GNOME exists as an example of this.

If actual KDE-GNOME cooperation did not get started, maybe we we
didn't have enough of the free software movement spirit to get it
going.  But that doesn't mean we should give up.  If we think about
trying to serve the community better, we will feel the community's
itch.