Re: Non-free software and GNOME

I certainly hope it would not come to that.

I think the relationship between GNOME and the GNU project
has been a mutually beneficial one, and free software
is, after all, the fundemental guiding principle behind
the formation of GNOME, so the presence of GNU in
the name expresses something important about GNOME.

And I don't think it is bad to have someone acting as
a strong advocate of free software principles within
GNOME. Just as long as we can move on from there and
recognize that decision-making within GNOME is done
by the GNOME foundation members, and, most importantly
the people actually doing the work.

Regards,
                                        Owen