Re: Questions

On Fri, 2001-12-07 at 20:10, Richard Stallman wrote:

> I believe the GNOME foundation has a fundamental position of following
> GNU Project policies.

I might be wrong, but I believe that the name GNOME was chosen, then
having decided on the name the search was started for a little meaning,
so we got the GNU Object Model Environment (and I think Ettore has taken
the credit for it)

As I said, it's all a bit vague in my memory, and not really important,
but it could be stated that the GNU part of the GNOME name is just there
to fill a space on the letter head...

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss