Re: Questions

linas linas org (Linas Vepstas) writes:
> If a Board member feels some 'official position' is misguided,
> that Board member should proceed with some disgression and diplomacy
> to guide a debate to update that position.  Threatening to resign

Re: resignation, I think he was just saying that if the GNOME project
requires board members to avoid openly disagreeing with Official GNOME
Policy, he wouldn't be part of it - which is sensible.  People can
think and say what they like, when speaking for themselves.

Sadly we have lurking muckrakers on the mailing lists sometimes that
can't tell the difference between an internal conversation with people
speaking for themselves, and a press release, but we can't allow that
annoyance to discourage communication. It's the price of an open
project.

Havoc