RE: CDE->GNOME Tools (was: Re: Minutes of the GNOME Advisory Boar d Meeting April 5 2001)

Thanks for cc'ing me, Dan!

Hi Glynn,

Dan was correct.  We are looking at creating a set of migration tools to
help customers transfer their CDE customizations to GNOME and it sounds like
your desktop transition tools are addressing many of the same needs.  At the
moment, we are in the process of identifying key customers (ones that have
invested a lot of effort into customizing their desktop) and gathering their
initial requirements.  Then we were planning on starting an open source
project under the GNOME cvs.  Were you already planning on doing that?  Are
you interested in working together?

Stormy

Robin Lee (Stormy) Peters
Linux Development Lab