Re: changed charter, new elections proposal

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 09:07:57PM -0700, Bart Decrem wrote:
> Good point.  How do other people feel about
>
> 1- posting daily interim voting results.  The advantage is that it allows
> subsequent voters to tweak their votes in order to achieve a more balanced board.
> The disadvantage is described by Phil below;

I think this idea is awful.  It's a broken mechanism, and Phil summarized
nicely.

More generally, I don't understand the concern of "ensuring" a more
balanced board.

If people think that an interest is important, that will be represented
by their voting for a candidate who has a history of sticking up for
that interest.  Isn't that what democracy is about?

> 2- keeping the mailing list archives closed while the election is running.  We can
> easily disable the archives and provide access to it at the end of the elections
> if people prefer that.

I prefer that.

--
Ian Peters