Re: changed charter, new elections proposal

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 08:39:12PM -0700, Bart Decrem wrote:
> Optional: If people like my amendment to Jon and Dan's idea, the script would
> spit out an election update every day during the 7 days of  the election.
> That way you can see what the board might look like before you cast your
> vote.  That might help us get a more balanced board.

I feel compelled to mention that I disagree with the notion of being able
to see results before the end of the voting (there's a reason that early
reporting is illegal in some countries).  I think that people should be
voting because they believe that people will do a good job, and not
because they're influenced by prior voters.  I also believe that the
early availability of results will decrease the number of people who
actually bother to vote.

Now, if the voting list is going to be totally open during the entire
process, then I guess my point is somewhat moot (though I still disagree
about making it any easier to gather those statistics).

-Phil