Re: changed charter, new elections proposal

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 08:39:12PM -0700, Bart Decrem wrote:
> Optional: If people like my amendment to Jon and Dan's idea, the script would
> spit out an election update every day during the 7 days of  the election.
> That way you can see what the board might look like before you cast your
> vote.  That might help us get a more balanced board.

I think this has two drawbacks

1) people will not bother to vote because it will seem like things are
already decided
OR
2) people will wait till the end to vote to see wha the composition is so
they can have a "balanced" board.

I actually like Jon and Dan's original idea the most.  Elect the board in a
couple of increments.

Anyway.

Another issue:  How would the "no company should have majority" thing be
handeled with direct elections.   Perhaps: Only the most popular 5 (for an 11
member board) people from each company are considered.

Also.  How will we decide if some two people get the same amount of votes?
That is, if this would make us decide between two people.  Perhaps a "runoff"
would be needed.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>