Re: Candidacy (Michael Meeks), I'm still totaly misunderstood <sob>

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:
>
> > Which is why they are apparently creating a KDE League, not a KDE
> > Foundation. :-)
>
> Well, basically I meant something else with this.
>
> I meant that they're right that
>
> 1.) the GNOME Foundation won't have any impact on the KDE project.

I agree that it will not actively harm KDE directly. It may indirectly
affect the popularity of KDE among people who feel a need to choose
one or the other, but that is not the primary goal of the foundation.

> 2.) we can't effectively create any standard for GNU/Linux without
>     talking with them, this is just impossible since they have a too
>     large percentage of the user base.

I also agree that we need to work better with KDE. I hope the
foundation board can take the lead on that sort of thing.

 - Maciej