Re: Fixing the gnome-hackers list

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 10:46:24AM -0400, Michael Meeks wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 16 Oct 2000, Martin Baulig wrote:
> > This is done in half an hour and it'll also give us working archives for
> > the list.
>
>         The gnome-hackers list has AFAIK always been by invitation only,
> and due to the frank, sometimes 'fighting talk' nature of the discussion
> has not been archived publicly. I assume you propose to continue these
> attributes ?

  I'm of the opinion that an archive of debates is a Really Good thing !
Whether it should be public for accountability is an open question for me,
we have the exact same problem at W3C !
If you open the archive there will be more back talks. if you don't open
it people will be suspicious about it's content ... I have no answer,
but an archive is definitely useful in my opinion.

Daniel

--
Daniel Veillard w3 org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW