Re: Fixing the gnome-hackers list

Daniel Veillard <Daniel Veillard w3 org> writes:

>   I'm of the opinion that an archive of debates is a Really Good thing !
> Whether it should be public for accountability is an open question for me,
> we have the exact same problem at W3C !
> If you open the archive there will be more back talks. if you don't open
> it people will be suspicious about it's content ... I have no answer,
> but an archive is definitely useful in my opinion.

We need to keep gnome-hackers closed at it is at the moment and also do so
for the archives. We had good reasons to do so and we should continue to do
so.

However, I think it's important to have archives for members.

Btw. I have no idea whether we have any archives of the list - in February
this year (shortly before SuSE hired me) I was running out of disk space on
my home machine and since I could not afford buying a new disk at this time
I deleted all my private archives (so the whole years 1998 and 1999).

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)