Re: should candidates be foundation members.

bruce perens com (Bruce Perens) writes:
>     I am assuming that we _are_ getting a campaign statement from each
>     of the candidates before the vote, and will post them together in
>     an official place so that the members can peruse them before voting.

Announcement of your candidacy and a brief statement should go to
foundation-announce (as you already did), copied here; then further
discussion is on this list.

>  2. That the newly constituted board amend the "Board of Directors" portion
>     of the charter to make clear that directors are acting on behalf of the
>     GNOME project and are _not_ on the board to represent their companies
>     interests.

This would be a worthwhile amendment I think (though in practice I
don't think there's any way to enforce it).

Havoc