Re: GNOME domain for Spain

From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ulises openresources com>
> As I said the other day, gnome.es is almost impossible to have, since in
> Spain, you've got to have a company or own the trademark to register a .es
> domain.

The board members were discussing registration of the GNOME trademark,
presumably in the U.S., which they should go ahead with. Given that
trademarks are registered on a national basis, that doesn't necessarily
give us the right to use the GNOME name on a product in other nations
than the U.S. except where a trademark treaty exists (I know of none).
Thus, trademark registrations in other nations might be prudent.

	Thanks

	Bruce