GNOME domain for Spain

Hi all!

[first of all, just to tell you that the gnome-db.org domain is now
active]

After the registration of the gnome-db.org, we've been talking (some
Spanish people involved
in GNOME) about having a domain for GNOME in Spain.

As I said the other day, gnome.es is almost impossible to have, since in
Spain, you've got
to have a company or own the trademark to register a .es domain. So,
we've been thinking
about other domain to be used for the GNOME project in Spain (the most
accurate being
es.gnome.org). The idea for this domain would be, first of all, to have
a way of getting more
Spanish into GNOME, and then, provide a GNOME web site translated to
Spanish.

The people involved on this, very few at the moment, include Juantomas,
who ran for the recent election for the GNOME foundation. But, we think
that as soon as we make an announcement,
we'll get more people involved on this, specially the people from the
GNOME-ES team
(the Spanish translation team), and other Spanish GNOME hackers.

Of course, we won't do any of this unless it is going to be part of the
GNOME project, and thus,
approved by the foundation.

So, what the foundation thinks about this?

cheers