Re: election plans
- From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: Nat Friedman <nat helixcode com>,Frank Hecker <frank collab net>, foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: election plans
- Date: 24 Jul 2000 14:05:04 -0700
Havoc Pennington <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Nat Friedman <email@example.com> writes:
> > From the discussions before on this list, it seems to me that there
> > was a lot of support for electing a slate from the beginning.
> OK. So we need a timeline for this yesterday.
> I propose that nominations for slates must be in by August 2, and the
> vote is on August 9. (These are totally random dates, but hey we have
> to pick some.)
> We should announce the dates today or tomorrow.
One potential drawback to this is that it doesn't give people a whole
lot of time to become GNOME foundation members to be able to
participate in electing the initial board, and that the election might
take place in the absence of actual formal bylaws.
] [Thread Prev