Re: Corporate Stuff

George <jirka@5z.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 03:52:37PM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > > The board can have at most 2 people from a single company.
> > > The board MUST have at least 2 people not hired by a company involved with
> > > GNOME.
> >
> > I think both of these restrictions might make it too hard to make a
> > representative board. Picking someone who can't really represent a
> > core package just to avoid the company rules would be
> > counter-productive.
>
> Take a look at the current steering committee, it's not far from this goal.

We have 3 Eazel people (if we count ones who have been hired but not
yet started) and had 3 Red Hat people at one point, so it violated
your constraint in 2 ways.

> And if we consider at most 9 members then you have
>
> 2 helix people
> 2 eazel people
> 2 redhat people
> 2 independents
> 1 other left

I worry that the number of available and qualified independents will
continue to fall over time though.

I think "no one company may have more than a third of the steering
committee members" is a good enough limit.

 - Maciej