Re: Corporate Stuff

Ali Abdin <aliabdin@aucegypt.edu> writes:

> I would like to extend on Nat's proposed idea to limit the 'corporate
> dominance' of GNOME. Personally, I think it would be a good amendmum to Nat's
> proposal to limit TOTAL corporate membership of the 'board' to less than 50%.

It's an interesting idea in principle. Unfortunately, a large
proportion of the top GNOME developers are employed by some
GNOME-related corporation, and this trend is only likley to increase.

Thinking about it more though, I think the limit for maximum number of
members affiliated with any given corporation should be lower than
50%. 5/11 members would still be a serious amoount of control.

 - Maciej