Re: Corporate Stuff

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 03:52:37PM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> > The board can have at most 2 people from a single company.
> > The board MUST have at least 2 people not hired by a company involved with
> > GNOME.
>
> I think both of these restrictions might make it too hard to make a
> representative board. Picking someone who can't really represent a
> core package just to avoid the company rules would be
> counter-productive.

Take a look at the current steering committee, it's not far from this goal.
And if we consider at most 9 members then you have

2 helix people
2 eazel people
2 redhat people
2 independents
1 other left

There could be more independents, just not more single company people.  Even
with these restrictions I bet the majority of people (at most 7 though) will
be employed by some company.

George

--
George <jirka@5z.com>
   Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.