Re: Fwd: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

On Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:32:53 +0100 (BST), Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> said:

>I believe there are legal definitions and values for many of these
>that can simply be imported. Conveniently they would also deal with
>holding companies and the millions of clever ways people try to
>maintain equity stake in things without being noticed. The people and
>the IRS have been playing that game for years and years, lets try and
>borrow the results instead of starting again ?

I would imagine there are some definitions in the Securities Act, the
Securities Exchange Act, and associated regulations that would be
pertinent.  I'd have to look in some resources that I don't have quick
access to, though, so it'll have to wait a while.

Kelly