Re: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

> Yes there is. Can you honestly say that having a debate on gnome-list
> is a useful decision-making process?

In a strange way it is. Its like the Debian thing and to an extent like the
IETF. The people who care enough about it get it done, other people get
to 'contribute'. Then whether anyone listens depends on the quality and
value of the work.

> In addition to the specific objections, I don't think this proposal is
> very much in the spirit of even the very rough consensus we do have
> now.

Consensus more in an IETF style is what happens now. Its very informal and
much more friendly. Voting actually requires people take sides and divide
into two sub gnome-projects over things.

Alan