Re: Draft of Proposal for the GNOME Foundation.

Alan Cox <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> writes:

> Consensus more in an IETF style is what happens now. Its very informal and
> much more friendly. Voting actually requires people take sides and divide
> into two sub gnome-projects over things.

Voting makes sense to me for:

    1. Electing the board, which is necessary for multiple reasons.

    2. Referenda, which will hopefully be extremely rare.

So I think other than those situations, consensus should drive the
board's decisions.  If we have a good board.

Nat