Re: Membership dues [ was: Re: Advisory Board Letter ]

Bart Decrem wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>
> > > Final food for thought:
> > >       Debian has several thousand members. How much do you plan to charge
> > > the Debian project ?
> > >

> > Since we have the ability to make exceptions, I imagine the Debian
> > Project and the FSF will get advisory board seats with no fee (can we
> > ensure they are both on board for the launch?)
>
> YES.  Everybody agrees that there should not be a fee at all for non-profit
> organizations such as Debian and the FSF.  Nat Friedman was going to sign up
> those two organizations in time for the 8/15 announcement.
>
> Bart

Hmmm... having Debian or the FSF on board is a good thing, but who's
gonna speak for Debian ? I'm not sure that its being in the advisory
board will be comparable to a company's (where management is more
directive)...

Just my 2 cents.

--
Olivier BERGER - Membre du C.A. de l'association APRIL
APRIL (http://www.april.org) - Vive python (http://www.python.org)