Re: Membership dues [ was: Re: Advisory Board Letter ]

>   (Clearly, the proposed membership dues are not big enough
>   to become a new OSF - but I think they are possibly big
>   enough to get in the way of lean, mean, thin, flexible
>   foundation.)

They are not dissimilar to Linux International, and yes I think you are
right about the effect. It will help ensure the gnome foundation is as
relevant to technical gnome issues and to the real gnome people as LI
is to technical Linux stuff.

Whether that is good or bad is a much more complex question.

Another way to ask it:
 'Does any body have the right to demand $20,000 from a third party
  by claiming to represent me'

Final food for thought:
	Debian has several thousand members. How much do you plan to charge
the Debian project ?

Alan