Re: New York Times story (GNOME Foundation == OSF??)

    Telsa> You think that's bad? Have a look at how the Register are
    Telsa> telling it [...]:

    Telsa>    Sun sources tell us that it will unveil its "GNOME
    Telsa> Foundation" initiative at the San Jose LinuxWorld expo this
    Telsa> week.

    Telsa> http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/1/12552.html

Slashdot's story also sucks.

It appears that the GNOME companies that are using their public
relations (PR) engines to make this announcements have failed the
GNOME hackers.

I am not saying they have betrayed us; just that they got all excited
by their corporate games and petrodollars to spend on PR, and they did
not really understand what ends up happening with press releases.

This kind of publicity that Sun and the other companies are cornering
is quite standard; I think they should have seen it coming.

I would like to see if anyone who will run for the GNOME foundation
board is willing to strongly recommend that tomorrow's press release
be amended to try to not just be fair, but also counter-balance this
negative image that we are all getting.