Re: New York Times story (GNOME Foundation == OSF??)

I am unhappy with this story.  It looks like the announcement of
OSF/Motif teaming up against OpenLook (and vice-versa) might have
looked fifteen years ago.

The story should have made it clear that the foundation consists of a
group of hackers who *might* be working for these companies.  Emphasis
could have been put on how many of them GNOME developers do not work
for free software business, and that the crucial work was done before
business (except maybe Red Hat) stepped in.

I am also surprised that Bart reports the NYTimes story without
expressing displeasure at how they spun it.

In another article I see Bart saying that:

> As I have indicated before, it mentions the corporate advisory board
> members fairly prominently, since we believe that this is a big part
> of the news story.

I think that tomorrow's statement should be urgently amended to
de-emphasize the corporate partners and to emphasize the volunteer
hacker contribution.