Board of Directors Elections 2016 - Candidacy - Shaun McCance

Name: Shaun McCance
Email: shaunm gnome org
Affiliation: Red Hat

I'm announcing my candidacy for reelection to the Board of Directors
this year. I've served three non-contiguous terms. I served two terms
from 2011 to 2013 as treasurer, and I've served from 2015 to now, and
am the current president.

I am a long-time GNOME contributor. I was the GNOME documentation lead
from 2003 to 2013, and I continue to maintain various documentation
tools. I love GNOME, and I try to contribute however I can, despite my
job involving work on other types of projects.

I do work for Red Hat, though I do not work in the group that works on
GNOME. Red Hat has been very supportive of my work on the Board, for
which I am grateful.

If elected, I do not intend to seek the position of president again. My
travel schedule has interfered with my ability to chair meetings on
more than a few occasions. I'd like to see somebody else take on that
role.

Thanks,
Shaun