Minutes of the Board Meeting of January, 19th, 2016

= Minutes for Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 20:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tuesday, 26 January, 20:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Jeff F.T.
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Shaun McCance
 * Cosimo Cecchi
 * Allan Day

== Regrets ==

 * Andrea Veri
 * Alexandre Franke

== Missing ==

== Agenda ==

 * GNOME.Asia budget
 * GUADEC contract
 * J-P Mengual's partnership request for accessibility work
 * Meta-discussion on attracting new contributors?

 * ED search update
 * Google Play account
 * Status of logo copyright
 * CiviCRM discussion
 * Sysadmin fundraising levels and perks
 * Meta-discussion on attracting new contributors
 * Jeff reimbursement request (from the mailing list)

== Minutes ==

 * J-P Mengual's partnership request for a11y work
  * We support the cause but don't have a history working with individuals.
  * Allan suggests sending email proposing ramp up, work more closely as time goes on
  * ACTION: Allan will send email 

 * GNOME.Asia budget
  * GNOME.Asia asked if there are funds
  * Kat asked them to prepare a budget and formal request

 * GUADEC contract
  * Talking to LinuxTag about handling money, insurance, etc in Europe
  * Will be a draft contract coming to the board for review

 * VOTE: 300-400 budget allocation for printing banners and other event-related items for the event box in 
time for FOSDEM
  * +1 Shaun, Jeff, Cosimo, Allan, Kat. VOTE PASSED

 * ED search update
  * 2015-12-01 
   * No news received in recent weeks, mostly because of holidays
  * 2015-12-08
   * 3 candidates are going to have a couple of one hour interviews with ~2 members of the hiring committee 
per interview. Scheduling of these metings is just beginning.
  * 2015-12-15 to 2015-01-12
   * No updates.
  * 2016-01-19
   * Committee has completed interview with two final candidates
   * They should have a final answer/proposal to the board within a few weeks
 * Google Play account
  * 2015-12-01
   * ACTION: Alexandre to follow up with the Release Team about this
  * 2015-12-08
   * Alexandre mailed the Release Team today, still waiting for an answer.
  * 2015-12-15 to 2016-01-19
   * No updates.

 * Status of logo copyright
  * 2015-12-01
   * ACTION: Shaun to send out email to d-d-l with proposal
   * No news on this, action item from Shaun is still pending.
  * 2015-12-08 to 2016-01-19
   * No updates.

 * CiviCRM discussion (from 2015-12-15's minutes)
  * ACTION: Jeff to pick the item up again in 2016

 * Sysadmin fundraising levels and perks (last discussion from 2016-01-05)
  * Awaiting for Andrea's reply

 * Meta-discussion on attracting new contributors
  * Item has been deferred.

 * Jeff reimbursement request (from the mailing list, discussed on the 2016-01-12)

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Unixstickers
  * They're selling GNOME branded items
  * No trademark licence agreement has ever been signed with them
  * Board to get in touch with them about this

== Completed actions ==

== Pending action items ==
 * J-P Mengual's partnership request for a11y work
  * Allan to send an email
 * Allan and Sri to coordinate with the engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
 * Cosimo to follow up with interested parties on how to spend the Privacy campaign funds
 * Jeff and Cosimo to handle the first review of sysadmin sponsorship brochure and any eventual improvement 
to the sponsorship brochure
 * Shaun: GNOME logo use by podiatrist
  * Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and 
update the licensing page on the website (obsolete)
 * Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for 
defence against Groupon
 * Logo usage for t-shirts: Allan to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines 
written down for future cases
 * Shaun and Allan to create a webpage for prior pants winners
 * Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered 
final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Andrea to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services (current draft is at 
  * Sysadmin Team's NDA should also be covered when dealing with this item
 * Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation (inventory management: some stuff we have heaps of, 
some we run out of stock quickly; consider an on-demand production service)




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]