Minutes of the Board Meeting of November, 17th, 2015

= Minutes for Tuesday, November 17th, 2015, 20:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tuesday, November 24th, 2015, 20:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Cosimo Cecchi
 * Alexandre Franke
 * Allan Day
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Andrea Veri
 * Shaun McCance
 * Jeff F. T.

== Regrets ==

== Missing ==

== Board meeting ==

 * West Coast Summit
  * Kat had a look at Sri's proposal, the proposed budget is higher than we expected
  * What is Sri actually requesting from the GNOME Foundation?
   * Permission to use the GNOME logo / trademark to promote the event as official
   * Sponsorship for the event
   * Rosanna's time to handle the burden of dealing with administrative tasks for the event
    * Rosanna acked she's fine with this happening
   * The idea is the conference should break even
   * There are some concerns on the sponsorship levels as they appear higher than the GUADEC ones
    * Is the event going to get the proper audience to bring in sponsors willing to promote the event with 
such values?
    * In addition no benefits are associated with the sponsorship levels
   * Alexandre to get back to Sri with the following concerns and help him addressing them and come back to 
the Board with a response  
   * VOTE: Allow Sri to associate the GNOME Foundation with the LAS conference, to begin negotiating with 
sponsors, and agree to the GNOME Foundation acting as the charitable organization handling the funds
    * +1 unanimous

 * Assign new vice president
  * Self nominees
    * Jeff F. T
     * VOTE: +1 Kat, Andrea, Allan, Alexandre, Cosimo, Shaun. Jeff abstains 
    * Allan Day
     * VOTE: +1 Cosimo, Alexandre, Jeff, Shaun. Andrea, Allan, Kat abstain.
  * Jeff F. T. is the new GNOME Foundation Vice President

 * Update on adboard meeting preparation
  * Meeting is going to be held tomorrow 18th of November at 18 UTC
  * Alexander Larsson is joining the call and will be presenting xdg-app
  * Cosimo was waiting for an additional reply from the Accessibility team, still not sure someone will be 
able to join the meeting on team's behalf

 * ED search update
  * Latest meeting was on friday
  * Phone interviews are starting soon, the ED search committee is selecting a final shortlist

 * SG's recommendation
  * He's not a Foundation Member yet
  * He participated to GSoC 2014 working on the Getting Things GNOME module
  * We received several endorsements from his mentors
  * We rarely recommended someone who wasn't a Foundation member before
  * Eventual recommendation letter should be very factual about what his contributions have been
  * ACTION: Rosanna will prepare a draft combining the recommendations

 * Google Play account

 * Instagram filters in GNOME

 * Open items:
  * GIMP reimbursements
  * Desktop Summit taxes
  * ED search
  * GNOME.Asia
  * Budget

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * SG's recommendation item edits
  * After further verification the Board was made aware that SG is indeed a Foundation Member since 2014-10-07
  * A recommendation letter taking into account of both mentors' endorsements and SG's contributions has been 
drafted by the President and sent back to SG

== Completed actions ==
 * Alexandre to get back to Sri asking whether he could prepare a budget report (similar to how GUADEC bids 
are managed) for the GNOME Libre Application Summit conference and forward it to the Board

 * Adboard meeting preparation
  * Kat to get in touch with Alexander Larsson
  * Cosimo to get in touch with GNOME's accessibility team about team's state of art
  * Shaun to send an e-mail to adboard list with a proposed date, time and agenda for the next advisory board 

 * Alexandre to reach out to Allan to communicate the new action item (GNOME artwork licensing 
standardization coordination) as it was firstly assigned to Sri

== Pending action items ==
 * GNOME Logo licensing
  * Shaun to look over the current usage of the logo and how other free software projects do it, and come up 
with a proposal/report
  *  Alexandre to get back to Sri with the concerns outlined on the LAS GNOME Bid agenda item helping him 
addressing them and coming back to the Board with a response
 * On re-assigning Christian and previous Board members action items
  * Allan and Sri to coordinate with the engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
  * Cosimo to follow up with interested parties on how to spend the Privacy campaign funds
 * Jeff and Cosimo to handle the first review of sysadmin sponsorship brochure and any eventual improvement 
the sponsorship brochure
 * Kat and Rosanna to schedule a call with Marta to sort things out with the Desktop Summit taxes
 * Allan to take the sponsorship brochure forward, through the Engagement Team
 * Allan: Ubuntu GNOME agreement followup with Pam
 * Shaun: GNOME logo use by podiatrist
  * Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and 
update the licensing page on the website (obsolete)
 * Allan: Hellotux agreement
 * Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for 
defence against Groupon
 * Logo usage for t-shirts: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines 
written down for future cases
 * Allan to make a proposal for a different way to use the wiki/etherpad for action items, instead of using 
kanboard (done, but yet to be discussed by the board)
 * Create a webpage for prior pants winners (Shaun and Allan)
 * Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered 
final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Andrea to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]