Minutes of the Board Meeting of November, 24th, 2015

= Minutes for Tuesday, November 24th, 2015, 20:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tuesday, December 1st, 2015, 20:00 UTC

== Attending ==

 * Alexandre Franke
 * Allan Day
 * Shaun McCance
 * Jeff F. T.

== Regrets ==

 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Andrea Veri
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Cosimo Cecchi

== Missing ==

== Minutes ==

 * Desktop summit taxes
  * Kat and Rosanna are absent, so can't discuss today.

  * Sri is working on a brochure and plan for fundraising. This is still work in progress.

 * GUADEC and GNOME.Asia sponsorship brochure
  * Document mostly done, wondering if the current version, which is much shorter/simpler than previous 
editions, is the right approach
  * Local teams can do their own fund raising and we could encourage them to produce their own brochures 
  * Time is an issue with companies setting their budgets.
  * See also https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2016/Sponsors for existing efforts
  * ACTION: Jeff and Allan to draft some emails and send out the brochures ASAP. Shaun is also happy to help. 
Need to check with Kat about what has happened for GUADEC first.

 * Moving to a rolling agenda/minutes
   * See also https://wiki.gnome.org/AllanDay/BoardTaskTracking
   * Unclear where to go from there
   * Up to prez, VP and secretary to devise a solution?
   * Could possibly clean out minutes from the agenda but leave action items in place for the next meeting? 
Could also merge pending action items into the agenda, so we don't miss them during discussions, or forget 
about them.
     * ACTION: let's try and do that for a few weeks and see how it goes. Allan to send a summary to the 
mailing list.

 * ED search update
  * No updates this week.

Open items: 

 * GIMP reimbursements 
 * Google Play account 
 * Instagram filters in GNOME 
 * Desktop Summit taxes

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * VT's recommendation letter about his GSoC involvement
  * Mentors reached out to the Board about VT's contributions on GNOME Music and GNOME Videos between may and 
august 2014
  * The President prepared and signed a recommendation letter certifying VT's GNOME contributions 

== Completed actions ==

 * Rosanna to prepare a draft combining the recommendations received in support of SG

  * Alexandre to get back to Sri with the concerns outlined on the LAS GNOME Bid agenda item helping him 
addressing them and coming back to the Board with a response
 * Allan to take the sponsorship brochure forward, through the Engagement Team
 * Allan to make a proposal for a different way to use the wiki/etherpad for action items, instead of using

== Pending action items ==
 * Allan to send a summary to the mailing list about moving to a rolling agenda/minutes approach
 * GUADEC and GNOME.Asia sponsorship brochure: 
  * Jeff and Allan to draft some emails and send out the brochures ASAP
 * GNOME Logo licensing
  * Shaun to look over the current usage of the logo and how other free software projects do it, and come up 
with a proposal/report
 * On re-assigning Christian and previous Board members action items
  * Allan and Sri to coordinate with the engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
  * Cosimo to follow up with interested parties on how to spend the Privacy campaign funds
 * Jeff and Cosimo to handle the first review of sysadmin sponsorship brochure and any eventual improvement 
the sponsorship brochure
 * Kat and Rosanna to schedule a call with Marta to sort things out with the Desktop Summit taxes
 * Shaun: GNOME logo use by podiatrist
  * Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and 
update the licensing page on the website (obsolete)
 * Allan: Hellotux agreement
 * Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for 
defence against Groupon
 * Logo usage for t-shirts: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines 
written down for future cases
 * Create a webpage for prior pants winners (Shaun and Allan)
 * Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered 
final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Andrea to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]