Minutes of the Board Meeting of April, 30th, 2015

= Minutes for Friday, April 30th, 2015, 18:00 UTC =

Next meeting due on May 15th, 2015 at 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Jeff Fortin
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Karen Sandler (late, with advance regrets)

== Regrets ==
 * Andrea Veri

== Board meeting ==
 * GUADEC 2015 organization sitrep 
  * FFKP as the handler for Swedish funds?
   * They are requesting 5% admin fees.
    * Is that amount fair? General consensus on the board is yes
     * Need to have a very clear writing on whether the 5% is after or before external processing fees
     * Weird clause: "The administration fee shall, however, apply to funding received by the FFKP both by 
the FFKP directly and indirectly through the GNOME Foundation, as it relates to GUADEC 2015" -- it's 
basically an exclusivity clause that would mean getting taxed on funds that we have collected ourselves in 
the US. We cannot accept it. We need to clarify that it must be only for the funds that they are actually 
processing for us.
     * Will the registration fees be handled through them or through GNOME?
      * Registration fees are usually handled by local organizers as we have to send them money to cover 
expenses anyway, but technically we could also handle it ourselves, it's been done before

 * GUADEC 2016 call for bids
  * ACTION: Kat to send out an email to announce the opening of the call for bids for next week.

 * Clearance for usage in feature film

 * GNOME Peru Fest 2015 expenses 
  * 532 USD as the final requested amount instead of the pre-approved 500 USD 
  * Jeff reviewed the receipts, all clear. Up to a vote for the amount, then reimbursement.
  * Any particular reason why it went overbudget?
  * VOTE to reimburse the 532 amount: +1 from Tobi, Kat, Jeff, Sri, Marina; Karen abstains
  * ACTION: Jeff to reply and (gently :) ask for keeping on budget in the future)

 * Adboard outreach
 * Deferred until further mailing list discussion occurs from other board members (or missing info):
  * Desktop Summit 2011 taxes
  * ED search
  * Discuss plans for reviewing salaries/hourly rates of employees/contractors 

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * Revocation of the "Attorney of Record" and correspondence fields updates on our trademark registrations
  * More details about this topic are available on the minutes from the April 10th (the subject of the mail 
states the meeting was held on the 4th, apologizes) meeting on the "Discussed on the mailing list" section
   * https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2015-April/msg00004.html
  * Andrea is coordinating with Pam to make this happen

 * Waiver for Pamela Chestek for her to represent the GNOME Foundation in the transfer of Outreachy to 
  * Pamela being a counselor at the Software Freedom Conservancy required her to provide a waiver to both the 
parties involved as she is going to represent the GNOME Foundation on this matter
  * VOTE: +1 Marina, Jeff, Andrea, Tobi, Sri. Karen abstains.

 * OPW travel allowance payments
  * Five were the outstanding travel allowance payments
  * This should be the latest round of travel allowance payments the GNOME Foundation will manage.
  * VOTE: +1 Marina, Karen, Jeff, Andrea, Tobi, Sri

 * Creating an agreement between the GNOME Foundation and Conservancy about Outreachy transfer
  * As a follow up of the Board meeting held on the 23th of January where the next steps of the OPW were 
drafted an agreement has been discussed and voted on for Outreachy to migrate from the GNOME Foundation to 
the Software Freedom Conservancy
   * https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2015-February/msg00000.html
  * Kat and Rosanna prepared a financial report containing all the assets and liabilities due to be 
transferred over to the Software Freedom Conservancy
  * VOTE: +1 Sri, Andrea, Jeff, Tobi, Kat. Marina and Karen abstain.

== Completed actions ==
 * GNOME Peru Fest 2015: Jeff to get back to Julita asking for the receipts as they weren't attached on the 
last e-mail she sent us
 * GUADEC 2015 organization: Jeff ask the GUADEC 2015 organization team to keep the Board c.c.ed on calls for 
GUADEC irc meetings, additionally invite the GUADEC team to a portion of the next Board meeting

== Pending action items ==
 * HELLOTUX t-shirts with GNOME's logo: Sri to check with the engagement team for validation for this, and 
then we'd need to sign a formal agreement
 * Desktop Summit 2011 taxes: Kat to mail Marta back asking for more details on how the total amount we 
should pay was reached
 * Board to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered 
final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Karen to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West Coast hackfest
 * Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for the hiring committee for the ED role
 * Sri to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
 * Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and come up with one for fundraising for a 




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]