Minutes of the Board Meeting of April, 04th, 2015

= Minutes for Friday, April 10th, 2015, 17:00 UTC =

Next meeting due on April 30th, 2015 at 17:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Jeff Fortin
 * Sriram Ramkrishna
 * Karen Sandler
 * Andrea Veri
 * Tobias Mueller

== Regrets ==
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova

== Board meeting ==

 * Agreement with Conservancy about Outreachy (due by April 28)
   * vote on the waiver for Pamela Chestek
    * https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/private/board-list/2015-April/msg00105.html
    * Vote has been deferred to the mailing list as Andrea and Jeff would prefer reading the waiver outside 
from meeting's time. Karen and Marina to abstain.

 * Adboard outreach
   * Jeff reached the adboard out
    * a date was proposed for the next adboard meeting to happen over the phone
    * a discussion was started on when the adboard meeting at GUADEC should be scheduled (before or after the 
core days during the BOFs)
     * we should start discussing a possible date for the board meeting at GUADEC as well
   * outreach phone calls to individual adboard members
     * Who would like to participate in doing the actual calls?
      * Jeff to do it, and Sri + Karen can probably do 1 call each depending on the adboard member

 * Desktop Summit 2011 taxes
  * ACTION: Kat to mail Marta back asking for more details on how the total amount we should pay was reached

 * GNOME Peru Fest 2015 expenses
  * The Board approved a reimbursement amount of $500 in January
   * https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2015-February/msg00000.html
  * Julita revised the amount we should be reimbursing her from $716.94 to $542.23
  * ACTION: Jeff to get back to Julita asking for the receipts as they weren't attached on the last e-mail 
she sent us

 * HELLOTUX shirt sample evaluation
  * HELLOTUX is proposing the Board to start selling t-shirts with the GNOME logo embroidered on them
  * Bastian Hougaard was sent a t-shirt sample from HELLOTUX which he positively commented
  * Kat confirmed (on IRC) her trust on Bastian on this matter and would suggest him to continue 
communications with the company until they're ready for a contract with the GNOME Foundation
  * Sample agreements at the bottom of https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoardPrivate. More information at 
  * ACTION: Sri to check with the engagement team for validating this, and then we'd need to sign a formal 

 * Meeting/Coordination with the local GUADEC 2015 team (from foundation-list: 
  * The Board will try to join for an IRC meeting and will continue helping find more volunteers
  * ACTION: Jeff to ask: in addition to requesting the board to be c.c.ed on calls for guadec team IRC 
meetings, invite the GUADEC team to a portion of the next board meeting

 * Deferred until further mailing list discussion occurs from other board members (or missing info):
   * ED search
   * Discuss plans for reviewing salaries/hourly rates of employees/contractors

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * ED Search Committee
  * Invitations to the ED Search Committee have been sent out to the interested parties
  * Possible members of the Committee have started replying back to the invitations asking more details about 
how the Committee is going to operate
  * The Committee and its members will be publicly announced as soon as all the accessions have been received

 * Increasing the GNOME.Asia Summit allocated travel budget by $1764 to cover accommodation (but no speaker's 
  * The Board previously approved a grand total of $8800 which was allocated to the Travel Committee
   * https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2015-April/msg00002.html
  * The GNOME.Asia organizers got in touch with the Board requesting an additional amount of $1764
  * VOTE: +1 Karen, Jeff, Andrea, Marina, Kat

 * GitCafe is kindly sponsoring GUADEC 2015 as a bronze sponsor, thanks for your support!

 * Sending payments to two OPW interns from May 2014 round
  * Two interns did not receive their payments for the 2014 round
  * A vote is required from the Board as the payments would be covered outside of the usual time window to 
make payments for an internship. 
  * Funds have been received by the relevant sponsors and verified by the Board.
  * VOTE: +1 Marina, Tobi, Jeff, Andrea

 * Change on "Attorney of Record" on the GNOME Trademarks registration
  * The GNOME Trademarks registration required an update both in terms of the assigned "Attorney of Record" 
and on the Correspondent address 
    which still listed our old Massachusetts address
  * Having an "Attorney of Record" on the registrations would be a benefit when it comes to receiving US 
PTO's notifications related to 
    renewals or other maintenance tasks on the trademarks.
  * Maintenance tasks on the registrations (i.e renewals) can be handled even without a registered "Attorney 
of Record".
  * Andrea discussed the matter with Pam and came to the conclusion that having an "Attorney of Record" 
address would become a single 
    point of failure in case the attorney becames unavailable.
  * Andrea's proposal has been to not have an "Attorney of Record" at all and keep the changes on the 
trademark registrations as simple as 
    updating the address of the GNOME Foundation to its new location. The GNOME Foundation and its addresses 
will match both the owner 
    and the correspondence fields, that way we will ensure possible notifications by the PTO will be 
registered on our archives and 
    received by many. (as the correspondence e-mails will be both legal-private gnome org and board gnome org)
  * VOTE: +1 Andrea, Marina, Jeff, Karen, Kat, Sri
  * Long term we definitely want to set up some sort of shared calendar (maybe a shared .ics file we can 
import on our calendars) and 
    keep track of the renewal dates ourself.

== Completed actions ==
 * Karen will check email address on file with trademark office and identify the place we have the next 
renewal date recorded on the wiki to be sure we have a mechanism for doing this on-time
 * Rosanna to check the remaining amount assigned to the Travel Committee back in October 2014. (amount is 

== Pending action items ==
 * GUADEC 2015 organization: Jeff ask the GUADEC 2015 organization team to keep the Board c.c.ed on calls for 
GUADEC irc meetings, additionally invite the GUADEC team to a portion of the next Board meeting
 * HELLOTUX t-shirts with GNOME's logo: Sri to check with the engagement team for validation for this, and 
then we'd need to sign a formal agreement
 * GNOME Peru Fest 2015: Jeff to get back to Julita asking for the receipts as they weren't attached on the 
last e-mail she sent us
 * Desktop Summit 2011 taxes: Kat to mail Marta back asking for more details on how the total amount we 
should pay was reached
 * Board to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered 
final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Karen to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West Coast hackfest
 * Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for the hiring committee for the ED role
 * Sri to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
 * Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and come up with one for fundraising for a 




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]