Minutes of the Board Meeting of January, 23th, 2015

= Minutes for Friday, January 23th, 2015, 17:00 UTC =

Next meeting due on February 6th, 2015 at 17:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Jeff Fortin
 * Andrea Veri
 * Karen Sandler
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Sriram Ramkrishna

== Regrets ==

== Missing ==

== Board meeting ==

 * Adboard meeting at FOSDEM 2015
   * Unfortunately was not organized yet, so possibility of piggybacking on the SFC dinner event with a 
"GNOME table"? ($40 in advance/euro 40 at the door per attendee)
   * People can go on an individual basis, but the general feeling among board members seems to be "we're 
probably not setting this up as an official event"; maybe just sending an informal invitation email to the 
adboard list to let them know they can join us there
   * ACTION: Sri to send an informal invitation mail to the adboard for the event

 * Next steps for the Outreach Program
  * Marina sent an e-mail to board-list with all the planned next steps for the OP
   * This is a follow-up to a discussion we started during the GUADEC 2014 board meeting about the growth & 
requirements for the Outreach Program
   * GNOME has been a good home to launch and grow the project so far, but the program has somewhat outgrown 
the capabilities of GNOME. Preparations are being made to create an environment where the OP can grow over 
time without creating too much burden to the GNOME Foundation (in terms of workload on the Board, Rosanna's 
time handling the payments and invoices)
   * OP is being renamed to "Outreachy"
   * OP would be joining the SFC; GNOME would still be providing its infrastructure, for the time of the 
  * When this round will end (around March) funds (general OP and travel funds) will have to be transferred 
from the GNOME Foundation to the SFC
   * Obligations (reimbursements etc.) will be then moved to the SFC itself
   * Rosanna will still be required to help out OP with invoicing / reimbursement till the end of March
   * Travel allowances will still have to be approved by the Board for this (round that ends in March) and 
previous rounds
  * VOTE: The board agrees to move of OP to the SF Conservancy to further the growth of the program. GNOME 
will continue to be the infrastructure partner for the time being. Details on the transfering of funds and 
any other information and the exact timetable will be established in due course, upon consulation with 
    * The GNOME Foundation would not be bound by the contract of the SFC. The primary reason for this vote is 
that SFC wants to make sure that "GNOME is okay with this move"
    * +1 from Jeff, Tobi, Sri, Kat, Andrea - Karen & Marina abstain
  * ACTION: Karen & Marina should provide a more detailed plan as things are being figured out (timeframe, 
next steps)

 * 500$ materials sponsorship request for GNOME Peru Fest 2015
  * VOTE: approve the 500$ materials sponsorship: +1 unanimous

 * Next board meeting: our backlog is huge. We could have an extra meeting right after FOSDEM, intsead of 
waiting 2 weeks.
   * ACTION: Tobi/Sri to evaluate the situation while at FOSDEM and request an extra meeting if needed

 * Responding to a phone press inquiry asking to reach Stormy Peters
  * Comment from Stormy: "There is a press mailing list to deal with press inquiries. And if they are looking 
for me, they should be able to find me but you are welcome to point them my way."
  * ACTION: maybe Rosanna can check with the caller to see what he wants and see if we need to get back to 
him by press contact, or if he really wanted to reach Stormy in particular?
 * Sysadmin sponsorship: should we have a guadec-style sponsors' brochure to help with that?
 * WHS
 * OEM Linux distribution including GNOME - any action required wrt Narcis Garcia's email?
 * Review action items in kanban board, for completeness and status
 * ED search

 * Deferred until further mailing list discussion occurs from other board members (or missing info):
   * Reviewing and harmonizing our logos & trademark guidelines wrt ®, ™, etc.
   * Discuss plans for reviewing salaries/hourly rates of employees/contractors
   * Trademark defense campaign has ended and been a success: start evaluating the use of funds to wrap up 
the matter and to make GNOME better
   * GNOME Privacy project: what to do with the gathered funds? (hackfest? internships? more ideas?)
   * NDA for sysadmins (for the privacy policy)

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * Midpoint payments to Outreach interns

== Completed Actions ==
 * Edward Swartz's "philantropist donation": Sri to email him to thank, say we're getting a gift together, 
ask about reasons motivating his great donation, maybe offer an interview? And verify his mailing address.

== Pending action items ==
 * GNOME's CoC: Board to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally 
considered final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Karen to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West Coast hackfest
 * Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for the hiring committee for the ED role
 * Sri to investigate the GNOME gifts situation




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]