Minutes of the Board Meeting of June, 19th, 2015

= Minutes for Friday, June 19th, 2015, 16:00 UTC =

Next meeting date TBD as July 03rd, 2015 is an US national holiday

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Jeff Fortin
 * Karen Sandler
 * Andrea Veri
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Sriram Ramkrishna (joined late)

* New board members attending
 * Shaun !McCance
 * Allan Day
 * Cosimo Cecchi

== Missing ==
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova

== Board meeting ==

 * GUADEC 2015
  * Last minute efforts to secure additional GUADEC sponsors
   * Jeff reached out to System76
   * Karen suggests we should possibly reach out Mozilla
    * Shaun points out Mozilla has a form to be filled in when requesting sponsorships of any form: 
  * ACTION: Jeff to continue reaching out to more (zareason, TDF, mozilla) unless some valiant soul joins the 
  * Venue and hostel money
   * The total amount is 15796, it will cover the venue, hostel and flights costs
   * A complete list of costs is available at 
   * How do flights for keynoters (2) and hostel cost for attendees reconcile with the Travel Committee 
     * It looks like the organizers want to reimburse the keynoters. Why?
     * Same hostel cost should be in the Travel Committee's budget, and the organizers just need to pay these 
money up-front to reserve accommodations
     * Historically speaking, keynoters' travel has always been covered by the GUADEC budget rather than the 
travel committee. Though this year, these are the same because travel committee budget is a part of the 
GUADEC budget.
   * We need to double-check the latest numbers wrt sponsorships and that this amount can be covered by the 
sponsorships amounts; ie we need confirmation that the budget they sent us is up to date and final and 
encompasses all the sponsorships and final expenses
   * VOTE: If the proposed budget is covered by confirmed sponsorships, keynoter flights will be reimbursed 
by organizers, and travel committee is aware of this hostel and keynoter flights budget (and only in that 
case, as otherwise we would need a revised VOTE), the Board approves transfering the above amount (15796 USD) 
to the local GUADEC organization team
   * VOTE: +1 Marina, Karen, Sri, Tobi, Andrea, Jeff
   * ACTION: Marina to follow-up with Andreas about this ASAP
  * Sponsoring a party night event
    * Previous GUADECs had at least one sponsored event, but this year for now we don't have a sponsor - need 
to find one (or more)
    * Fabiana reached out the Board asking whether it was possible for the GNOME Foundation to cover this 
cost (360 USD + 15 USD / person for the food for up to 150 people OR some amount for drink tickets)
    * Marina proposes to provide sponsorship for the rent of the room (360 USD) and have every single 
attendee of the party pay for the food and drinks
     * Can food and drinks be purchased on-site on an individual basis, or is it group-deal only? Can food or 
drinks be brought in?
     * Food and drinks definitely require a sponsor for the event to happen
    * VOTE: GNOME Foundation to cover the cost of the venue (360 USD)  and everything else is subject to 
getting additional sponsors
    * VOTE: +1 Marina, Jeff, Karen, Tobi, Sri, Andrea
   * ACTION: Marina to follow-up with Fabiana about this ASAP
  * DEFERRED: Travel committee/budget update?
    * Kat is missing, need to follow-up for her input, through mailing list

 * DEFERRED: Desktop Summit 2011 taxes
  * Kat's input required

 * ACTION item to put somewhere: Kat and the announcement for GUADEC 2016 bids?

 * Trademark license agreement - Hellotux
  * License agreement is available at 
  * ACTION: Sri to ask if Pam can do the first review, and then forward the document. Maybe also check for 
the movie trademark thing.

 * Deferred until further mailing list discussion occurs from other 
board members (or missing info):
   * ED search
   * Discuss plans for reviewing salaries/hourly rates of employees/contractors
   * Brainstorming ideas for the GUADEC adboard meeting

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * Revocation of the "Attorney of Record" and correspondence fields updates on our trademark registrations
  * This item (from https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2015-April/msg00004.html) can be 
finally considered as resolved as all the trademark registrations of the GNOME Foundation have been updated 
  * The Board would like to thank Pamela for all her efforts to make this happen
  * References on US PTO database:
   * http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=76368848&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch
   * http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85303870&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch
   * http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=76369102&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

 * A warm welcome to new Board members
  * New Board members have been subscribed to board-list and granted all the relevant accesses to the 
Foundation Board internal resources
  * The current Board reminds everyone the new Board will start its term at GUADEC when the very first Board 
meeting will take place

 * VOTEs on invitations letters (for GUADEC participants needing a VISA) for GUADEC 2015
  * Yu Jie, LI Xiaoling and Luo Lei (Ubuntu Kylin contributors). VOTE: +1 from Jeff, Andrea, Karen, Kat
  * Abdeali Kothari (GSoC participant). VOTE: +1 Jeff, Karen, Tobi, Kat, Sri
  * Udayan Tandon (GSoC participant). VOTE: +1 Jeff, Karen, Andrea, Tobi, Sri

== Pending action items ==
 * Marina to follow up with Andreas about the GUADEC 2015 proposed budget and with Fabiana about the party 
night event
 * HELLOTUX t-shirts with GNOME's logo: Sri to forward the agreement to Pam for a first review
 * Desktop Summit 2011 taxes: Kat to mail Marta back asking for more details on how the total amount we 
should pay was reached
 * Board to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered 
final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Karen to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West Coast hackfest
 * Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for the hiring committee for the ED role
 * Sri to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
 * Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and come up with one for fundraising for a 
 * Jeff to continue reaching out to sponsors for GUADEC 2015, adboard, etc.
 * Jeff to write the introduction for the 2014 (2015) annual report




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]