Re: Imaginario, an F-Spot lookalike

Hi Stephen,

On 04/12/19 05:41, Stephen Shaw wrote:
Thanks for the email. Very interesting. I've recently started working
a fair bit on FSpot again and modernizing the code base more. I'm
working on removing the GNOME specific dependencies which are largely
deprecated anyways and trying to bring it to Windows and Mac as well.

As part of this I'll eventually be changing the database potentially.

Is there maybe some interest in merging efforts?

I don't see a lot of margin for merging the projects, unfortunately,
since Imaginario is not a fork but a completely new project, written in
another language (C++) and using another toolkit (Qt/QML), which just
happens to mimick F-Spot's look and feel.

I do see, however, some benefit in cooperating, mainly sharing on
knowledge and experience about technologies we use. Like, for example,
how to get optimal performance from the database (I mostly copied F-Spot
tables, as this structure seemed to me the best one, but maybe you are
aware of some possible improvements?).

I'm anyway following this ML (since at least 2010!), so I'll be watching
closely :-)

Ciao,
  Alberto

--