Re: How dead is f-spot

I'd still consider f-spot a gnome application, however making it more cross-platform friendly is definitely something I'd like to accomplish. Ideally, it would become less dependent on gnome specific things. The one exception off the top of my head is gtk-sharp.

As for the repository, I consider the git.gnome.org repo to be dead. As for how distros will see it I'm not sure. F-Spot is starting to largely not be provided by distros partly because of the lack of work on my part and also the lack of mono. With more interest in bringing mono/.NET back to Linux this might change.

Cheers,
Stephen

PS. Most of the changes that I've made to master have been focused on removing older .NET framework things such as non-generic collections, obsolete methods, and fixing crashes. If you guys want to report crashes (please include stacktraces f-spot --debug) I'll see what I can do about fixing them over the break and maybe releasing a new version in January?