Re: Problems building latest GIT sources

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Paul Wellner Bou <paul p wbou de> wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> It is some time ago I compiled F-Spot myself but now I need some bugs fixed
> as I own a Samsung NX 1000, which RAW files are not recognized as RAW files
> and F-Spot crashes when I click on them. I tried hard building the code on a
> new Ubuntu (12.04) and my actual machine (Natty, the last release with Gnome
> 2).
>
> On the Ubuntu 12.04 machine I installed the shipped f-spot and the build
> dependencies provided by Ubuntu. On the old machine months ago the build
> still worked and all dependencies are installed.
>
> * NUnit Problems: On both machines, although tests are off after
> ./configure, the build fails because of the lack of the nunit assembly. It
> is searching for 2.4.8, but there is no package and the sources of this
> version are not available. Newer releases of nunit does not seem to work. I
> have to remove all tests out of the monodevelop projects to remove this
> dependency.
>
> How do I tell the build system that it should look for a newer nunit
> assembly?
>
> * Assembly and Mono versions: On the new Ubuntu (12.04) I had to edit all
> "Options" of the different project files to change the framework to "4.0" to
> get all (other) dependencies to work.
>
> * TagLib: As there is no TagLib# for Ubuntu Natty I tried to install it from
> source. This seems to work fine, but it is not recognized by the f-spot
> build.
>
> Is there an updated Howto what to do to get F-Spot compiled? There was a
> time this was quite easy I remember, but it seem to be much more compilcated
> now than mentioned here: http://f-spot.org/How_To_Build_from_HEAD
>
> Or am I doing something wrong?
>
> I finally, doing the mentioned tweaks, I got F-Spot running on Ubuntu 12.04.
> I did not on the old machine. Using the last state before the transition to
> xbuild it builds, but running f-spot I get an error message: **
> (f-spot:23646): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'taglib-sharp,
> Version=2.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db62eba44689b5b0' or one of
> its dependencies.
>
> Thanks and regards
> Paul.

Hi, I'm not sure what's going on there.  You do need taglib-sharp
install which it sounds like you need to build it from source.  I'm
not very familiar with ubuntu since I mostly run just openSUSE.  Some
of the build issues that you are running into seem odd.  I can't look
at it tonight, but maybe tomorrow night I can download and install
12.04 and see what's going on there.

Thanks for reporting this.

Cheers,
Stephen Shaw