Problems building latest GIT sources

Good evening,

It is some time ago I compiled F-Spot myself but now I need some bugs fixed as I own a Samsung NX 1000, which RAW files are not recognized as RAW files and F-Spot crashes when I click on them. I tried hard building the code on a new Ubuntu (12.04) and my actual machine (Natty, the last release with Gnome 2).

On the Ubuntu 12.04 machine I installed the shipped f-spot and the build dependencies provided by Ubuntu. On the old machine months ago the build still worked and all dependencies are installed.

* NUnit Problems: On both machines, although tests are off after ./configure, the build fails because of the lack of the nunit assembly. It is searching for 2.4.8, but there is no package and the sources of this version are not available. Newer releases of nunit does not seem to work. I have to remove all tests out of the monodevelop projects to remove this dependency.

How do I tell the build system that it should look for a newer nunit assembly?

* Assembly and Mono versions: On the new Ubuntu (12.04) I had to edit all "Options" of the different project files to change the framework to "4.0" to get all (other) dependencies to work.

* TagLib: As there is no TagLib# for Ubuntu Natty I tried to install it from source. This seems to work fine, but it is not recognized by the f-spot build.

Is there an updated Howto what to do to get F-Spot compiled? There was a time this was quite easy I remember, but it seem to be much more compilcated now than mentioned here: http://f-spot.org/How_To_Build_from_HEAD

Or am I doing something wrong?

I finally, doing the mentioned tweaks, I got F-Spot running on Ubuntu 12.04. I did not on the old machine. Using the last state before the transition to xbuild it builds, but running f-spot I get an error message: ** (f-spot:23646): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'taglib-sharp, Version=2.0.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db62eba44689b5b0' or one of its dependencies.

Thanks and regards
Paul.