Re: Being honest about the development of f-spot

fre 2011-09-09 klockan 12:20 -0600 skrev Stephen Shaw:
> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 08:11, Tim Howard <timothy howard gmail com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:18 PM, Iain Lane <laney debian org> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've come to the upsetting conclusion that f-spot ought to be declared
> >> dormant until a new maintainer comes along to lead the project.
> >
> > I can't count the number of responses I've crafted to this email and then
> > erased. But the simple fact is at the moment my interests are elsewhere. It
> > pains me to admit this but I think your assessment is correct.
> >
> > Regretfully,
> >

> > Tim
> >

> I'm not willing or able to promise anything, but I'll see if I can
> start to try and put some time into f-spot.  My c# foo isn't the
> greatest, so if I can find some time I do ask for patience :)

I've said this before once (or maybe twice):
I can't pick up development on my own since I don't have the time, but
if there was someone else (than me) actively engaging in the maintainer
role, I think I could do a small bit of coding to fix stuff that annoys
me.

That said, the porting effort towards Gtk# 3 could be hard to pull off
with only two, kinda-slightly dedicated developers who are both new to
the code base. Anyone else who would like to step up to help?

--
Simon Lindgren