Query about deleting source image files

Hello.

I have a PTP camera; an Olympus SP-800 UZ.

My primary operating system and computer, runs Debian 5, on which I
cannot access the camera, much as I have tried. I have been able to
use and access digital cameras that use the "USB mass storage device
system" as I think it is named, without any problems, on that computer
and operating system platform.

However, to access the images on the camera, I have to use this
computer, which is running Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS , and, on top of that,
F-Spot 0.6.1.5 .

But, unlike the configuration that I use on the Debian 5 system with
the other cameras, in F-spot, I can not find a means of deleting the
images from the camera (the source image files), when I import
(upload)  them to the computer. I can not find how to do this, either
in the menu's in F-spot, or, in the Help or User Manual facilities in
F-spot.

So, the image files are accumulating on the camera.

F-spot, running on Ubuntu, as I have specified, is the only way that I
have been able to find, to access the images stored in the camera.

Is it possible, with F-spot, to delete the image files, when they are
imported /uploaded to a computer hard drive?

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale